3-D must be crazy. Part 2: Eco-romance 1

Throw out the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. – Jesus Of Nazareth

Instead of the outer darkness, I’m thrown into the inner darkness as a hikikomori.

The word “unprofitable” translates to “unproductive, unmarketable, and untouchable.” “Unqualified” to have skinship.

This recession, the youth can hardly support themselves, hardly jobs with livable wage. American youth unemployment is about 19%. Financial hardship makes us extremely hard to date. Who would date a cup-ramen boy?

And what’s worse, 3-D girls never make any move, they were told that guys were the one to take the initiative and pay. Because their attitude haven’t changed since the era of hypergamy. In Japan, according to Katsumā, girls are looking for men who earn more than 6 million yens, which only counts for 4% of single Japanese men around 30s. So, they see the rest of 96% as unprofitable servants. Plus, 48% of the Japanese working population earn less than 3 million yens. That’s why they don’t make any move. Not even worth a try. In fact, more than 1/4 of Japanese single men never had a girlfriend. That’s insane!

Eco-romance should be how much you save when you date, instead of how many dates you save. Quality over quantity. If only girls go dutch, sharing the burden of financial difficulties in the time of recession, rather than expecting men to pay everything… They blame gender disparity for that and refuse to pay, but note that 96% of young single men don’t earn 6 million yens! We earn little too. It’s the upper income brackets that have gender disparity, only few female CEOs. Half of us are not even middle class but precariat trying to make ends meet! So, let’s share the burden, or alternative is indoor-date, which is very eco, date without expenses! Doesn’t have to be like The Lovers on the Bridge, or Arakawa Under the Bridge. Yes, it’s time that girls become eco-princess (エコ姫)!

And I’m eco-prince (エコ王子 or エコスの王子様), instead of unprofitable servant. Instead of “unprofitable,” I will call it “nonprofit.” Nonprofit prince. Eco-prince is small prince since eco is small. Yes, little prince! Le Petit Prince! Eco is beautiful. Yes, small is beautiful! Petit est beau!

Right after the 2008 election, I had a dream that one day I would get hit on at grocery stores, “Hey, you carry your own recycle bag? You’re so hot!” Yes, recycle bags instead of brand bags! But whenever I go buy groceries, girls still ignore me like an invisible man. Nobody recognizes me as eco-prince. They still see eco as unprofitable = undateable. They see us as chump change. And we’re constantly judged by the market, operated by an invisible hand, i.e., God’s hand. As a US dollar bill says “In God We Trust.” So, one nation under the market with all-seeing eye, i.e., the Panopticon. Where is eco-princess?

I learned a hard lesson that no one can immanetize the eschaton, even the scion of Kenya. In other words, we can’t change 3-D. Change we can no longer believe in. Thus, I’m still weeping and gnashing my teeth. So, the only thing I seek is 2-D. There I may be able to meet my eco-princess…

I really want eco-date, i.e., green-date! But I remain unprofitable servant in 3-D. Thus, 2-D is going to be jitaku, my home, my eco…



Author: Monsieur LaMoe

A refugee from Japan. Live in NAFTA. Get hooked on Moe. Moe is opium? Twitter: @MonsieurLamoe