Welcome to the first podcast of 2010! We are so futuristic, we time-skipped right over Episode 45!* In our attempt to herald the New Podcast Order we decide to go back to basics and just do what we do best: funny news and a roundtable discussion about nothing less than the future of anime and supporting technologies, especially the possibilities of Blu-Ray and whether it can compete with streaming solutions. In the news, we talk about Sleeping with Hinako, some Eva Fender guitars that we are sure were made to catch up with K-ON!, and man-maid cafes in Akihabara. (The last is actually a lot more respectful than you might think. We’re not just all about mockery here!)
* Episode 45 had some technical issues and will be released later this week. No, really. But this one is explicitly about the new year and it was felt to be more appropriate. Also, these were recorded too early to catch some of your comments, so the mailbag will return with episode 47.
- (00:00) Introduction
- (03:58) News 1: Sleeping with Hinako
- (11:55) News 2: Eva Fender guitars auctioned
- (18:03) News 3: Man-Maid Cafes in Akihabara and the Men who Crossplay
- (28:54) Roundtable: The Future of Anime Delivery Technologies
- (50:28) Conclusion
- OP, ED: “Hikari no Senritsu,” by Kalafina; “Girls, Be Ambitious” by Haruka Tomatsu (OP/ED to So Ra No Wo To)
- The story about Sleeping with Hinako can be found at ANN [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-01/2nd-isshoni-anime-to-be-isshoni-sleeping-with-hinako]. The official website is at http://www.isshoni-sleeping.com/.
- You can see pictures of the Eva guitar here at ANN [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-08/2-eva-fender-guitars-auctioned-for-17-million-yen].
- Japan Today had the original story about the man-maid cafes [http://japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/males-dressed-as-maids-latest-fad-for-akihabara-cafes]. The cafe profiled, Hibari-tei, actually has an English website too! [http://www.akibanana.com/?q=node/993]
1 thought on “Anime Diet Radio Episode 46 – Welcome to the World of Tomorrow!”
News about man maid cafe in japan is not surprising to me, think about it. Japanese people (most asian ppl for the most part) have almost the same facial features between genders.
If you put a white guy and a white women in a dress you can easily tell the difference (at least for most Americans)
Now do the same for japanese people and I can guarantee 3/5 times you will think that male is female with that dress on.
Anyways just catching up on all your podcast commenting here and there if work allows me too 😀
Comments are closed.