To your favorite anime characters, of course! That’s the subject of the news items of this episode Anime Diet Radio, in which we talk about the petitioners for legalizing 2D marriage, and the outrage at Nagi possibly being “sloppy seconds.” The talk gets a little, uh, intense, so it’s marked with an “Explicit” tag. In the Roundtable, though, we finally calm down and talk about One Outs, Michiko to Hatchin, Kurozuka, Chaos;Head, and the impending cancellation of Dattebayo’s Naruto fansubs.
The bad news is that since this episode was recorded, the contract job I mention in it has since ended, and I’m still waiting to hear about whether I’m going to be hired by them. So keep your fingers crossed.
- (00:00-06:06) Introduction
- (06:07-15:25) News 1: Otaku Petition for 2D Marriage
- (15:26-27:15) News 2: Nagi is a Slut and Other Otaku Outrages
- (27:16-28:55) Roundtable: Intro
- (28:56-36:32) Roundtable: One Outs, Michiko to Hatchin
- (36:33-48:08) Roundtable: Kurozuka, Chaos;Head
- (48:09-54:36) Roundtable: On the Difficulty of Endings
- (54:37-63:00) Roundtable: Dattebayo, Naruto, and the Future of the Industry
- (63:01-end) Conclusion
- OP: “Lost in Blue,” by Nightmare (OP to Mouryou no Hako)
- ED: “Vanilla Salt,” by Horie Yui (ED to Toradora!)
- The news stories and their attendant info can be found on Sankaku Complex here (1) and here (2).
Web Refernces for iTunes Listeners
- (1) http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/29/otaku-demand-right-to-wed-2d-characters/
- (2) http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/11/15/cuckolded-otaku-desecrates-kannagi-over-virginity-issue/