You may be asking, “what what? Anime Diet Radio isn’t dead?” Nope–it just went on a break along with a good part of my real life…but here we are, the first new episode in two months! It’s been far too long since we’ve graced your ears with our filthy banter about the wacky news and roundtable debates. This time, we talk about Noriko Sakai in rehab, inappropriate Hello Kitty products, a place where you can pay a tsundere to slap you…and far too many cracks about Amy Winehouse. Yes. Really.
We also have a special guest who you may be seeing much more of in the future–a friend of ours, Rome Lamoe, who joins us on the tsundere slap session! He’s a real live Japanese otaku, from Japan, who’s on board to talk about just how much he loves to get services at maid cafes. Oh yes.
Finally, we also have the most varied roundtable section, divided into three parts, in which we take more aim at celebrities in inappropriate cosplays, maid cafe services you don’t want, and what songs would work with an X-Men shoujo musical. I’m not sure how we came up with the last topic. Believe me, if you can come up with anything stranger/better/more humiliating, write us at email@example.com and we might just take the bait.
Anyways, there is already another episode after this one in the can–expect it next week. Fear not. The podcast is rising once more!
- (00:00) Introduction
- (02:55) News 1: Weird Hello Kitty Products
- (09:56) News 2: Noriko Sakai in Rehab
- (16:14) News 3: Tsundere Slap Store (feat. Rome Lamoe)
- (27:52) Mailbag
- (35:54) Roundtable:
- (38:27) Unwanted Maid Services
- (42:01) Celebrities Who Should Not Be Maids
- (47:29) Shoujo X-Men Soundtrack Ideas
- (52:20) Outtro
- OP: Nyandaful! (にゃんだふる！)” by Yui Sakakibara (OP to Nyan Koi!)
- ED: One Way Ryou Omoi (ワンウェイ両想い)” by Marina Inoue and Megumi Nakajima (ED to Kampfer)
- A whole raft of weird Hello Kitty products and their pictures can be seen at Weird Asia News [http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/09/14/kitty-funny-weird-horrifying/].
- The original story about Noriko Sakai in rehab was found at Japan Today [http://www.japantoday.com/category/shukan-post/view/noriko-sakai-hiding-out-in-high-security-ward-of-university-hospital].
- The Cute Room is the subject of our third news item, and we are often referring back to a picture of the various girls there. This can be found at the story at Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5369862/would-you-prefer-to-be-slapped-or-game-with-a-girl]. And…uhh, this is what it’s like to be slapped by one of them. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5joJc2DbOo]
1 thought on “Anime Diet Radio Episode 44 – What What?”
Wow. Maid Cafe work seems like a decent gig, except for the creepy parts. I mean getting paid to look at people! Kinda sucks for the person paying for such a service but if your the one charging that’s really cool.
Comments are closed.