…but it sure ain’t the same either. This is the first episode without Ray, who had work obligations, so it’s just Jeremy and me and without Ray’s energy, we’re more subdued and quieter. We definitely missed him! (He should be back for the next one.)
Since we’re both in the same anime club, Jeremy and I talked a little about our club’s second anniversary (and the, um, rather interesting project we did in its honor–I hope one day y’all will get to see it), and, after chatting a little about the upcoming sequels to Macross, Gundam, Gunslinger Girl, Higurashi, etc., we spent the bulk of the time talking about the upcoming Anime Expo. Both of us are going to AX and we plan to do special stuff with this website and podcast for it! Stay tuned.
The extra/diversion file this time is a nearly 10 minute digression on Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, which might be of general geek interest though not really anime related. Download it from the main website, http://animediet.net, as it won’t show up in the iTunes feed.
And with the back to back release of this episode, I am finally caught up on editing these darn things. 🙂 I’ll try my hardest to get these out within the week they’re recorded in the future at the very least.
- –OP: “Kiseki no Umi,” by Maaya Sakamoto (Record of Lodoss Wars TV OP)
- –ED: “Blue,” by The Indigo
- –Our anime club, Anime Souffle, has a Meetup.com page here. Join us if you are in the LA area! (http://anime.meetup.com/447)
- –Anime Expo, of course, is at this site. (http://www.anime-expo.org)
- –More information about AX’s showing of the Transformers movie is at the Anime News Network. (http://tinyurl.com/22rlxu)
- –The cheeky article claiming that anime is better than sex is here. (http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=1382)