Typed in the corridor of the convention center, outside the Open Autograph signing room
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, everyone. It looks like the video stuff will take longer to get working than I thought, so it will appear throughout the week rather than a day after like I originally planned. So everyone I told that it would appear in a day or two: apologies! It will appear very soon and you will see your faces in good time. I got tons of great interviews.
I’ve been running to and fro to lots of different things, especially in the futile quest to get a signature from Hirano Aya–talk about elusive…I met a guy who actually did get one. He was one of the 50 people who bought a limited edition box set which put him in the pool of eligibility; they only did 100 signatures total. I got sketches from the director and character designer of Death Note instead, which, at least, will make Jeremy very happy. 🙂
Some other unorganized thoughts about the con:
- Please hire better technical support next time. There were way too many technical glitches during the Masquerade and main events.
- This…is…the infinite number of 300 references!
- The SOS Brigade Invasion Tour concert was very late, and disappointing, due to audio glitches, mistimed lyrics, and a clear lack of rehearsals on the part of the MCs.
- ORESKABAND rocked on the other hand. Competent musicianship, at last! Cute, too, and a good attempt at English. 🙂
- The Masquerade was a total washout. They announced the wrong winner. Several skits had their lights and audio cut out in the middle.
- I’ve definitely gotten a tan, lost weight, and probably gotten sunburned from all that waiting in line.
- I’m dressed like Kyon right now. Finally.
- I met so many cool people in line. It made line more than tolerable and actually fun.
- A real life Haruhi Suzumiya really does exist, and she helps runs Anime Vegas. You know who you are. If you are reading this, please get in contact with us! We at Anime Souffle want to collaborate with you.
Time to head to the dealer room–for the first time! (Yes, I was that busy the past few days.) Then on to the Anime Genesis podcast panel, and then that’s it for AX 2007.
9 thoughts on “AX Floor Report: Monday”
“I met a guy who actually did get one. He was one of the 50 people who bought a limited edition box set which put him in the pool of eligibility; they only did 100 signatures total.”
What did said person look like/what what he/she wearing?
Gah. I hate this keyboard.
**What was he/she wearing?
ORESKABAND seems to be one of the few things positive about AX as anything I’ve read about them have all been good. Good to know even if the con staff f*cks up, true talent and fan-ism shines through.
I wanna strangle somebody for messing up the autograph sessions. Then I want to hire the Lagoon Company and take the autograph from somebody! AHH! THE RAGE, THE RAGE!
The guy was Asian, black jacket, white shirt. I actually met him twice. I’m absolutely terrible with names so if that is you, random passerby, I apologize for forgetting!
@Mike: Nah that wasn’t me. I was in AX garb ( white2007 shirt and the black baseball cap) and was wearing blue jeans with a hole at the right knee. =P
Anyway just wondering ‘cuz I also got a poster.
*dodges bullets flying in from different directions*
The contract for your head with the Black Lagoon Company has just been signed, and they have instructions to pry the poster from your cold, dead fingers. 🙂
I’ll be wary of my surroundings a bit more after hearing that. They’ll never find where I’ve hidden it though. >=D
AH! But the Lagoon Co. has Roc, who has a way of doing things differently XD Hahahaha! He will come up a way to find the autographed posters! 😛
Seriously, I envy you, random passerby. I hope you treasure it. But if you ever want to sell it, please let me know.
Comments are closed.