Edit, 10/10/09: we’ve chosen our new writers for this round! So this round is now closed. Thanks to everyone who applied.
Anime Diet is looking for more staff writers. Yes, we’re looking at you, dear readers and fellow bloggers! We need some more hands to cover the upcoming fall season and beyond and can keep the ship running when we get caught in a DAI PINCH of life. Ever wanted to reach out to an existing audience of thousands with your love…of anime and manga? Now’s your chance. And here’s some proof.
OK, so you’re interested. What kind of qualities are we looking for? Our ideal candidate is
- CONSISTENT. We’re looking for someone who is going to commit to writing at least 2-3 times a week. Someone who, when committing to reviewing a show, sticks to it for as long as possible or announces and explains why it’s being dropped. Of course, life sometimes gets in the way, and there’s plenty of slack for real circumstances and emergencies. But we’re looking for someone who loves writing at some level and is self-motivated enough to want to do it. Out of all the qualities, this is the most important.
- A COMPETENT WRITER. You need to be able to write clearly, concisely, and correctly, and not need significant editing for each article. Writing well for you shouldn’t be a struggle or something that takes enormous effort. It helps to love writing itself, and to love the process of reviewing.
- INSIGHTFUL AND/OR FUNNY. Both would be best, of course. Thing is, we’re looking for someone who can do more than just summarize an episode and give a few sentences of general opinion. We want someone who can either dig a little into the significance of a show, and/or show us just how ridiculous some things in anime really are and make us laugh.
It’d also be awesome, though not required, to be:
- UNIQUE. How do you stand out among all the other blogger hordes in some way? Maybe you hate a particular sacred cow in the fan community, or you know some long-overlooked shows that you’d like to introduce to everyone. Maybe you know Japanese very well. Whatever–tell us why you’re special.
- COMMUNAL: this is not absolutely required, but it’s a huge plus. We’d like someone who is, or would like to be, plugged in to the rest of the anime blogosphere. This might include coming to monthly staff meetings over Skype so you can talk to the rest of us, replying to intelligent commenters for your articles, and following up with other bloggers who link your articles.
Experienced or existing anime bloggers welcome! If you are already on other blogs you’re more than welcome to apply, so long as you can keep your commitment at Anime Diet too.
There’s some perks, too. If you’re in the vicinity of a convention, we may be able to get press passes for you if you’d like to cover it for the site. Convention reporting is one of our pillars and especially if you’re in an area we’re not at, it’ll help us expand our reach to other places.
So what are you waiting for? Send your interest to email@example.com. Please attach two sample articles with your email. If you are an existing blogger, links to two posts will suffice.
Thanks! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
6 thoughts on “Anime Diet: Now Looking For Fresh Blogger Blood!”
This is very exciting! Good luck everyone. .-.
Thanks! We’ve got quite a few people applying!
How long are you taking applications?
We’re actually wrapping it up. If you’re thinking about applying, get it in ASAP!
hmm, how long is this going….my friend just showed me this, and it seems very interesting. And for samples, what do you want for those…just past articles. Or is there something specific your looking for.
Jessica: sorry…it’s actually over now. We actually hired our new writers last week. Should have made that clear on this original post, though I took down the banner that advertised it. Once again, sorry for the confusion and keep watching if we decide to do another hiring round!
Comments are closed.