Typed in the corridor of the convention center, outside the Open Autograph signing room
Sorry for the lack of updates recently, everyone. It looks like the video stuff will take longer to get working than I thought, so it will appear throughout the week rather than a day after like I originally planned. So everyone I told that it would appear in a day or two: apologies! It will appear very soon and you will see your faces in good time. I got tons of great interviews.
I’ve been running to and fro to lots of different things, especially in the futile quest to get a signature from Hirano Aya–talk about elusive…I met a guy who actually did get one. He was one of the 50 people who bought a limited edition box set which put him in the pool of eligibility; they only did 100 signatures total. I got sketches from the director and character designer of Death Note instead, which, at least, will make Jeremy very happy. :)
Some other unorganized thoughts about the con:
- Please hire better technical support next time. There were way too many technical glitches during the Masquerade and main events.
- This…is…the infinite number of 300 references!
- The SOS Brigade Invasion Tour concert was very late, and disappointing, due to audio glitches, mistimed lyrics, and a clear lack of rehearsals on the part of the MCs.
- ORESKABAND rocked on the other hand. Competent musicianship, at last! Cute, too, and a good attempt at English. :)
- The Masquerade was a total washout. They announced the wrong winner. Several skits had their lights and audio cut out in the middle.
- I’ve definitely gotten a tan, lost weight, and probably gotten sunburned from all that waiting in line.
- I’m dressed like Kyon right now. Finally.
- I met so many cool people in line. It made line more than tolerable and actually fun.
- A real life Haruhi Suzumiya really does exist, and she helps runs Anime Vegas. You know who you are. If you are reading this, please get in contact with us! We at Anime Souffle want to collaborate with you.
Time to head to the dealer room–for the first time! (Yes, I was that busy the past few days.) Then on to the Anime Genesis podcast panel, and then that’s it for AX 2007.