In this long delayed episode, we talk about–well, I’m not sure it can be called “news” anymore. 🙂 The banning of Death Note like stories in Beijing, the live-action Negima, and the licensing of The Wallflower are the current topics…back then. Yikes! (We also know there are more than 50 of you listening out there too by now. Thanks!)
Listening to this podcast while I was editing it was like listening to a time capsule: of what we were like just…um…one month ago in the anime world. That’s how long it’s been since it was recorded, on May 20th, and that’s how long it’s been since I’ve had enough continuous free time to actually put this baby together. I promise the next one, which was recorded just last week, will come up much sooner, as I’m getting on a long plane ride tomorrow and that will give me more editing time for once! (It talks about the impending Anime Expo, for one, which I’d be amiss to talk about anytime after Expo happens…)
By the way, we are serious about the competition for coming up with other creative “Death Notes.” More details to follow in a future post. Start priming your suggestions now!
- –OP: “Runners High,” by the Pillows (FLCL OST)
- –ED: “Little Busters,” by the Pillows (FLCL OST)
- –The news about the announced live action Negima! adaptation is here. (http://tinyurl.com/2uhofq)
- –More information about the banning of Death Note near Beijing schools is here (http://tinyurl.com/32d7af), and a follow-up article here (http://tinyurl.com/2t6w58). We were not exactly precise in our discussion about that; it is not banned around the city per se, only near schools. Consider this the errata. 🙂
- –Licensing news about The Wallflower (Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge) here. (http://tinyurl.com/2nmk5a)