…because a new, Valentine’s Day appropriate, episode has just landed on your virtual shores to invade your ears. It looks like we’ll probably be sticking to a monthly release schedule for this main podcast for the time being, though of course you’ve probably noticed how much more active our podcast feed has been as of late with audio columns, videos, and even songs. We want to keep giving you only the good stuff and showing you all our love!
In this episode, we tackle some juicy, loving news items, including the Evangelion live-action project and its refusal to die, making your own clone, and of course, flying flocks of female underwear courtesy of Sora no Otoshimono–made real! There’s a mailbag section, at last, and to top it off, a roundtable section about what lonely male otakus can do on Singles Awareness Day.
Finally, we would like to again remind everyone that Pam of Makenai’s dog Hachiko needs money for life-saving surgery. Please see this link for more information, and click here to donate.
Technical note: there were some audio issues here and there, namely the lack of my good microphone and some increased fuzziness from time to time. Don’t worry, it’s still very listenable–well I think so, anyway. Complaints will be put on file–the circular file!
- (00:00) Introduction
- (05:12) News 1: Live Action Evangelion Project Still Alive, Somehow
- (13:50) News 2: A Robot Clone of Your Very Own
- (22:32) News 3: Panty Flocks, Flying in the Air
- (30:50) Mailbag
- (44:40) Roundtable: Tips for Lonely Otaku on Valentine’s Day
- (55:52) Conclusion
- OP: “Perfect-area complete!” by Natsuko Aso.
- ED: “Baka Go Home (バカ・ゴー・ホーム)” by milktub
- The story about the live action Evangelion project’s continuation was at Anime News Network [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-04/producer/live-action-evangelion-project-still-active].
- The story about the robot clones is at Weird Asia News [http://www.weirdasianews.com/2010/01/13/japanese-store-offers-robot-double-deal/]. An article about Roxxxy, an adult entertainment robot girlfriend, can be found with pictures at HuffPo [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/10/roxxxy-sex-robot-photo-wo_n_417976.html].
- The flying panties story was originally reported on by Canned Dogs [http://zepy.momotato.com/2010/01/30/flying-panties-to-go-on-sale/], which includes a picture of one of the flying contraptions.
2 thoughts on “Anime Diet Radio Episode 47: V-Day is D-Day”
I never received 本命 chocolate in my life.
Why is Tokimeki not popular in America? If this game gains popularity in America, I bet the sex crime rate will dramatically drop, thus good for society. Moe can save America!
I have to celebrate Black Day then, and eat Jajangmyeon with fellow otakus.
@LaMoe, Sex crime will only decrease if everyone turns into a Otaku, because otakus don’t physically do sex but visualize it.
On topic, great episode yet another year of loneliness I might try that Otaku Crush dating site now… or not….
great stuff guys!
Comments are closed.