It’s the BIG episode of Anime Diet Radio – extra long at 63 minutes, extra stuffed with your comments in a nearly 20 minute mailbag section (though we couldn’t answer every single question…sorry!), and extra bad….or rather filled with bad ideas for anime adaptations. This time, we talk about manga death kits (or, really, will kits, but “death kits” sounds so much more marketable in the same way “death panels” is), the arrest of Noriko Sakai, and a man who decided to go out in a big way by burning his house down for his Gundam models. Our roundtable topic discusses things from American TV and film we would never want to see made into anime.
Things have been hectic lately so my original plan to stuff the mailbag and roundtable full of SFX has succumbed to my
laziness weariness. Sorry if that’s your thing! Use your imaginations in case of sheer boredom.
- –(00:00) Intro
- –(03:30) News 1: Manga Death Kit?
- –(09:22) News 2: Noriko Sakai Arrested on Drugs
- –(17:28) News 3: Man Burns Down House over Gundams
- –(25:40) Mailbag
- –(44:01) Roundtable: Bad Ideas for Anime
- –(63:43) Conclusion
- –OP: from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
- –ED: from Seto no Hanayome
- –The story about the manga will kit is from Weird Asia News [http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/08/12/manga-kit-death-comical/].
- –The story about Noriko Sakai’s arrest is reported both in ANN [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-08/actress-noriko-sakai-arrested-after-turning-herself-in] and in the Japan Times [http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20090809a2.html].
- –Finally, the story about the man who burned down his house for the sake of his Gundams was found in ANN [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-10/man-arrested-for-burning-down-home-over-gundam-models].
3 thoughts on “Anime Diet Radio Episode 41 – Extra Large”
Good episode (don’t get a big head about it!) ._. Just wanted to say that if I could see an anime of a show I think that Lost might make a good one. But I would not like to see any sort of ER or doctor show. Oh god. That’d be the worst.
*Ray you’re so tsundere.* heh heh heh
is tsundere even an adjective or is it a noun?
“I didn’ hit her! That witch is lyin'” lol.
How about the movie “Casino”? The anime would basically have the two guys stabbing and shooting people, breaking doors on someone’s arms and kicking someone when he’s down.
Or 24, the TV series? “Tell me where the bomb is or I’ll shoot your kasan! Tell me where the vaccine is or I’ll shoot your imouto! Tell me where the coffee shop or I’ll shoot your childhood friend!”
Have you guys seen “Children of the Corn”, a Canadian horror film? Or how about “Strictly Ballroom”, an Aussie “favorite”?
Comments are closed.