Hey, it looks like this weekly release schedule (audio column-podcast-audio column) is actually starting to work! This is the last podcast we recorded a couple of weeks ago (as opposed to nearly a month ago). We have a lot of fun discussing, as far as anime goes, Code-E, Mononoke, and laughing at English phrases from the Moetan workbook. News items include Thai police officers forced to wear Hello Kitty armbands and a bunch of international cosplayers partying with the Foreign Ministry of Japan.
We wrap up with a Roundtable discussion about otaku dating: how to get a date, and what it has to do with the horrid relational skills of Makoto in School Days! Here we have to give a shout out and reference to otaku dating posts by Riuva and Marmot (sorry I definitely butchered your name the first time, and possibly every other time)! If it sounds like we’re making fun of the posts, we’re not. At least not too much. 🙂 It was just great discussion fodder and there’s actually some valuable advice in both. Seriously, we love y’all and appreciate it.
Anyways, it’s been another fun episode. Look forward to another audio column from one of us next week!
- OP: “Guns & Roses” by Paradise Lunch (OP to Baccano!)
- ED: “Stardust Tears” by ACKO (ED to Top wo Nerae 2!)
- Riuva’s post about dating is here. I wasn’t kidding about the post number! (http://www.riuva.com/?p=666)
- Marmot’s response to that post and her own tips are here. (http://tinyurl.com/3xou6n)
- The BBC story about Thai police and Hello Kitty is here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6932801.stm)
- A picture of the Vice Foreign Minister and the cosplayers is at this site. (http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/flash/KFullFlash20070801053_p.html)