Here’s the schedule breakdown for our NYAF coverage this weekend.
- 1:30 PM–2:30 PM: Bandai Industry Panel (??): I will try to go, by this one is in jeopardy because the bus may arrive late and I may not be able to get to the convention center on time. Hopefully I will at least catch some licensing announcements.
- 2:45 PM–3:45 PM: Funimation Industry Panel: the new masters of the US anime industry say they have licensed even more stuff. Let’s find out.
- 8:30 PM–10:00 PM: MC Chris Concert: MC Chris is one of those ‘nerdcore’ rappers who raps about geeky subjects, and is a guest of honor here. Not entirely anime related, I know, but I’m going since my VIP ticket gets me in for free to it.
- 12:30 PM–1:30 PM: Anime Blogger Panel: for me, personally, this is going to be the highlight of the con. I will be the one with a cameraman and a tripod, and I plan to shoot the entire panel in HD!
- 4:00 PM–6:00 PM: AMV Contest: it’s for the comedy videos, of course. I may leave early, though, so I can go to the
- 7:00 PM–10:00 PM: Masquerade: of course. And since I get to skip lines I hope to get a good seat and therefore good shots this time!
- 11:00 AM–12:00 PM: Rie Tanaka Panel: Ray and I have prepared questions we’ll try to ask Tanaka-san at the panel. Let’s see if any footage is allowed.
- 12:30 PM-1:30 PM: Rie Tanaka Signing: The main reason Ray paid me to get that VIP ticket! Again, we’ll see what’s allowed to be signed and whether I can get a picture in at least, like I did with Shokotan.
That’s the plan. Of course, cons being cons, timing and events are subject to change. I may go to more or less events depending on time.
See you there!