Wow…has it been this long? This is Anime Diet Radio #19, take 3–there were two previous attempts to record this but they either had tech issues or were too long ago to be relevant anymore. (Take #2 will be released shortly thereafter as a “LOST EPISODE!”) But the whole gang’s here, and we’ll be talking about the Gonzo simulcast streaming deal, the new Slayers, Clannad, Hellsing, Slum Dunk, They Are My Noble Masters, and Kaiji!
A word about the mailbag. The very brief mailbag section was recorded long ago–it was the only part of “take 2” that survived here–and so it misses Dan’s later comment on episode 18. The campaign of Ikari “Mike” Gendo would like to say in response that the American people need change and there is no greater change than to return to the 19th century style of hirsuite men’s facial hair. Public photos of the candidate will soon be posted and it will be sure to mobilize the voters, otaku and non-otaku, to say with Gendo: “YES, EVA CAN!”
- (00:00 – 05:32) Introduction
- (05:33 – 21:32) News: discussion on Gonzo’s simultaneous releases
- (21:33 – 29:33) News: Slayers Revolution
- (29:34 – 32:52) Mailbag
- (32:53 – 1:04:33) Roundtable: Clannad, Hellsing, Slam Dunk, They Are My Noble Masters, Kaiji
- –OP: “disarm dreamer” by Aki Misaki (Genshiken 2 OP)
- –ED: “Kono Namida ga Arukara Tsugi no Ippo to Naru” by Ami Tokito (School Rumble 2 ED)
- –News about Gonzo’s extraordinary move was reported at Anime News Network (1). Some more information is available about how BOST is handling their releases is here (2)–apparently you pay for both a stream AND an included downloadable, DRM free file to keep on your computer, with no additional cost.
- –The news about Slayers Revolution was also reported there (3).
- 1. http://tinyurl.com/2jewmm
- 2. http://www.bosttv.com/gonzo/
- 3. http://tinyurl.com/2jocd9
1 thought on “Anime Diet Radio Episode 19 – Back In The Saddle”
Yo Anime Diet crew. Just wanna say a couple of things.
1. I’ve seen one of the two tapes of the OAV series End of Summer. It wasn’t bad, just a little bit forgettable. The OAVs were based on the H game Doukyuusei. You can find a little information about it in Wikipedia, but there’s some better information about its significance here: http://www.shii.org/geekstories/eroge.html
2. I voluntarily watched over half of Slayers TV dubbed. While not many other fans liked this dub – or many of CPM’s other works – I consider it a nostalgic favorite from the days when I bought dubbed VHS tapes because they were cheaper.
3. Finally, I’m sure that watching streaming anime appeals to some people. But I don’t have broadband at home, so I have to get out of the house in order to download anything. And I feel rather awkward watching streaming video in public. What do you think?
Comments are closed.