You know that they had the “King of Japanese Otaku” and “King of Foreign Otaku Challenge”? Well, I have a “top 10 humiliating and impossible challenges for real Otaku (think Genshiken folks)”:
10. No watching of anime whatsoever for 1 month.
9. Running a 1 mile race under 3 minutes.
8. Eat healthy for 3 weeks – that means no pizza, no ramen, and no beer.
7. No talking about anime whatsoever for 2 months or give up 50 dollars.
6. Go to the weight room and gain 5 pounds of muscles.
5. don’t download anime for 3 months.
4. Go out and try to convince 5 normal people to love the anime you love in 5 days.
3. Confront 10 people who pisses you off in one month face to face.
2. Go to Shibuya and ask 10 girls (or for women, 10 guys) to go out with you in 10 days.
1. Get a kogal/cheerleader/popular girlfriend or a jock/metrosexual/popular boyfriend.
-_-;; muzikashi na….If you disagree or think you have more difficult challenges, do comment. If you don’t give a damn, oh well.
4 thoughts on “10 humiliating and impossible challenges for Otaku if I were to design the “King of all Otaku challenge” (Before Mike’s excellent posts to come, here’s mine…)”
Um, number nine is currently out of reach even for professional distance runners–the current world record stands at 3:43. Though if you could do it, you’d be a famous athlete in great physical shape, which would make number one a snap.
My otaku challenge? Watch as much anime as you like for a month, but abstain from reading anime blogs, forums, IRC channels, news sites or any anime-related internet browsing.
Thinking Genshiken (and Madarame): How about no access to anime-related artbooks, magazines, manga, posters, computer images, screencaps, figures, h-games, dating sims or visual novels, but only live-action pr0n (excepting Hahiru and anything anime-inspired) for a month.
I was going to say #9 was easy, then I saw Andrew F’s comment. Nevermind. #8 and #6 are too easy, though.
Andrew F – that shows how little I know about sports (actually, I love basketball, but) also, I didn’t know that runners scored often…ha ha.
DS – that’s not exactly a great huge loss, and not too much change in the life style of a single – but yeah, it would be hard to endure.
Owen S – eating healthy and gain muscles are the killer for hardcore otaku! Really! It’s even hard for me, who used to be a gym rat before I got pulled over to the dark side…
Comments are closed.