Hello everyone–welcome to the brand new, rebuffed Anime Diet! I hope this layout is a lot easier to follow and less cluttered looking than the old one. We’ve added lots of new features, including:
- Author avatars to help identify who writes what posts.
- Page numbers in category pages and search results.
- Dropdown menus, at long last, for the site’s major sections. A category redo is in the immediate future as well, so it won’t be so cluttered and scattered as before.
- Individual staff pages. Now you can see what each one of us has written!
- Removed the reCaptcha plugin. Many of you complained, and I decided the costs were outweighing the benefits. We will be looking into additional spam protection elsewhere.
- I’ve written a brand new history of Anime Diet on the About page.
Things that still need work:
- The dropdown menu plugin breaks the AJAX comment editing plugin, unfortunately. I’m still not sure why, and it sucks because that was one of my favorite features. It will be gone until I figure out a way to reconcile the two.
- The new banner is OK, but I think it could be better. I am considering a contest to see if anyone else can come up with one. 🙂
- Something is wrong with the polling mechanism because for some reason, 400 new votes were added while I was revising the theme in the past hour!
We wanted to get this up prior to AX if at all possible, and personally, I think it was about time anyway.
Enjoy the new look! Please report any further bugs, critiques, etc. in the comments section. We are always constantly working to make things better.