So…what am I going to be watching next season? I’ve now done this exercise enough that I know the shows I often find interesting from the plot summaries are not necessarily the things I will actually blog about. But here’s what I find eye-catching for the moment. (Information taken primarily from hashihime’s brilliant and useful list. He serves the fan community very well.)
This special episode was supposed to be released on Halloween, but certain…curses of sorts fell on me that very day. I’m still picking up the pieces from that scariest of days. This is a simple episode, in which we talk about only a few things–the mailbag, and the GOOD, the BAD, and the HORRIBLE of the fall season! (Shows include: ef-a tale of memories, Minami-ke, Gundam 00, Ghost Hound, Kaiji, Genshiken, Kimikiss Pure Rouge, and Kawaii Jenny.)
Also, if you noticed that this podcast sounds a little different, it’s because Ray so kindly volunteered to edit it! [Editor’s note: I don’t use Apple so no AAC, and Mike is swamped with work to edit it and make it AAC format. Gomen nasai!] I think you’ll agree he did a great job.So, enjoy this very late Halloween episode…if you dare. Bwahahahahaha!
- (00:00-05:01) Intro – Halloween special jokes and chat about Anime Souffle‘s (0) Halloween bash
- (05:02-31:05) Mail bag – Random 11, korosora, 2 from Benu, and 1 from Daniel, a member of the Anime Souffle at http://anime.meetup.com/447. The club is based in LA.
- (31:05-1:10:00 end) Review – Kawaii JeNny (1), Ghost Hound (2), Kaiji (3), Gundam 00 (4), Genshiken S2 (5), ef – a tale of memories (6), Minami-Ke (7), and Kimikiss Pure Rouge (8).
- OP – “Higurashi no Naku Koro ni,” Eiko Shimamiya (OP of When They Cry – Higurashi)
- ED – “Poltergeist,” Kojima Mayumi (OP of Ghost Hound)
- Music clips – “Fearful Experience,” Meguro Masashi, “Kiru,” Eitetsu Hayashi & Kaoru Wada, SAMURAI 7 Image Album, “Girls on Film,” Duran Duran. “Eva 01,” Evangelion soundtrack, and various music clips from Lucky Star.
- Sound clips -From “Jigoku Shojo,” “Suzumiya Haruhi,” “The Blair Witch Project,” “From Dusk till Dawn.”
- Read the comments from Random 11, korosora here (9). Read the comments from Benu and Daniel here (10).
- CalAggie – sorry we didn’t get your comment on 13 before we recorded 15. So perhaps we’ll read your mail next time.
- asdf – sorry we didn’t get your new comment on 14 before we recorded 15. So perhaps we’ll read your mail next time.
- We are J-List affiliates. Click here (11) to visit J-List, and if you buy something via this click, you help to support this site!
- (0) http://anime.meetup.com/447
- (1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46m2BvJ471Y
- (2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Hound
- (3) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8550
- (4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam_00
- (5) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7985
- (6) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8192
- (7) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8536
- (8) http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8210
- (9) http://animediet.net/archives/1848#comments
- (10) http://animediet.net/archives/2487#comments
- (11) http://affiliates.jlist.com/click/19?url=http://www.jlist.com/
I remember feeling a little “meh” in my first impressions of Minami-ke and predicting that I probably wouldn’t have anything significant to say about it. What a pleasant surprise, then, to discover a show that really does make me laugh out loud, has very likable characters, and has lots of great slapstick to boot.
I decided to carry out a little experiment: I was going to watch one new anime that I hadn’t read any reviews or information about, and didn’t remember anything about its summary when I was going through the fall previews. Minami-ke was the subject of my experiment. Was it good? Well, somewhat.