Just when I can forget about high school, I started to read this manga series.. and reading it makes me think about an idyllic youthful period. If that is what you want to think about, you can definitely pick up this book to read.
Haruna is a tomboy who made a goal to get a boyfriend, so this is a series on her journey of embarking in a teen romance at high school with Yoh, a really cute boy. She faces challenges in ex-girl friend’s, Yoh’s sister, and the rest of the world trying to get either Yoh’s or her’s attention. Also there are the issues of what makes dating an issue over just being regular friends.
I am reading through this series at a pretty much a snails pace, but man if I am in the mood for some high school romance.. then sit down and read through 13 volumes of this romantic comedy from Shojo Beat.
What can make you want to pick up this book?
- Feel apathy for some characters.
- First time I ever see a male lead depicted all the times with lines under his eyes, indicating long hours, and no sleep.
- Want to probably learn about what makes a young girl click.
- If you want to see what a girl’s response to learning about love, by reading manga… there is a parody on manga within a manga, like what they mention in Otomen, Junjou Romantica etc.
- Other manga read alike probably to this book… Absolute Boyfriend, Otomen, Gals, Love.com or any other teen teen romances.. like Glee or High School Musical…. (Monkey High is another possible title, since they are both Shojo Beat releases, but not really.. since High School Debut, it is the awkward girl chasing after the cool “perfect” guy.. instead of the the other way. >_< )
What can make you not want to pick up this book?
- What another shojo title… and you reeaalllly got something else to do.
- Repetitiveness of themes. I was really not impressed with how much cliche or beauty tips there is.
- This is a verrrry girly book.