Your thoughts have summoned him from hell! Anime Diet’s own hellspawn, Johannes Krauser III, makes an inglorious reappearance on Anime Diet Radio, as we talk about the Detroit Metal City live action movie, respond to your, uh, critiques, and talk about the usual strange news items about the PM’s anime museum, the legs of a Gundam, and “boy ranches” for Japanese women.
As if that weren’t enough, Krauser’s appearance shook the earth!This episode was recorded in the midst of LA’s 4.7 earthquake…and we have the sounds to prove it, as Jeremy (“from Redondo Beach”) lived close to the center of it all. Hear his things tumble and clatter to the ground! See our outtakes file, which also includes a discussion of Swedish pop and Norwegian wood. Har har har!
- –(00:00-03:40) Intro
- –(03:41-11:20) News 1: National Anime Museum
- –(11:21-18:10) News 2: Gundam Legs
- –(18:11-28:22) News 3: Boy Ranch for Women
- –(28:23-42:35) Mailbag with Krauser
- –(42:36-54:19) Roundtable: DMC Movie
- –(54:20-end) Conclusion
- –OP: “Cagayake! GIRLS” (OP to K-ON!)
- –ED: “SATSUGAI,” by Detroit Metal City
- The original story about the PM’s plan to open a museum can be found at Anime News Network [http://tinyurl.com/ppovpu].
- Sankaku Complex has both the story about the Gundam legs [http://tinyurl.com/or7yxl] and the boy ranch [http://tinyurl.com/r694jf]. Danny Choo took excellent pictures of the Gundam legs, too. [http://tinyurl.com/qdkrcm]