Have you noticed that Anime Diet Radio has been talking a bit more about weird Japan news and not as much about anime lately? Well, this (rather late, I know) episode changes all that. Every story and the roundtable topic are, at last, actually all related to anime for a change! Whether it’s talking about Keanu Reeves’ Cowboy Bebop (and what Sunrise has for an escape clause should it turn out…badly), Evangelion boxer shorts, or a man whose sole desire in life is to get together with a Pokemon, it’s a return to our roots. We even talk about an actual show for the Roundtable, Asu no Yoichi–again, rather late, I know. This was recorded before the last season had quite ended.
Which means, alas, that many of your listener comments were missed on this episode–we only had 5 at the time we recorded this, and we know there are 4 more that have arrived since then. Thanks! We will answer them in the next recording, which hopefully will be very soon.
A couple of notes: first, thanks to Ray for helping out with the majority of the sound effects for this episode. I think you’ll find them…striking. :) Second, apologies for the clipping on my voice. I have got to learn to set levels properly while I record, though for some really odd reason, I can’t monitor them when I’m using Audio Hijack Pro for recording. (Anyone got any tips on how to do it with that piece of software? Mac only, I know…)
- –(00:00-04:26) Intro
- –(04:27-11:59) News 1: Sunrise’s Escape Clause
- –(12:00-17:53) News 2: Evangelion Boxer Shorts
- –(17:54-24:46) News 3: Man/Pokemon Action
- –(24:47-37:29) Mailbag
- –(37:30-49:53) Roundtable: Asu no Yoichi
- –(49:54-end) Conclusion
- OP: “HANAJI” by Yu Kobayashi (OP to Mariaholic)
- ED: “Life and proud” by Aki Misato (ED to Asu no Yoichi)
- The original news story about Sunrise’s additional escape clause for the Cowboy Bebop script is at Anime News Network [http://tinyurl.com/c7ga7z].
- Sankaku Complex has the original story about Evangelion boxers [http://tinyurl.com/atsy9t].
- They also have the story about the man with the Poke-complex [http://tinyurl.com/dx9wp3].