From the Anime Diet News Desk—Tuesday, July 20, 2010
(Editor’s Note: the Press Release and pictures have been updated)
Today, Hatsune Miku, the Japanese Volcaloid Virtual Idol with multiple albums and projects currently in the works, will be making her US debut inside the virtual world known as TinierMe, which has been in the US and international markets since October 2009. TinierMe has paved the way for her entrance into the US market through a partnership with Crypton Future Media to bring the project to the US audience.
A much more detailed history of the Vocaloid program, developed by Yahama, as well as the origin, projects and performance of Hatsune Miku, can be found here.
The official press release is as follows:
Hatsune Miku is Coming to America
TinierMe launches campaign with Crypton Future Media and Japan’s favorite virtual celebrity
San Francisco – July 20, 2010:
- TinierMe, the virtual world focused on Japanese animation, today announced a partnership with Crypton Future Media featuring virtual vocalist Hatsune Miku.
- TinierMe will sell virtual items, outfits and accessories based on multiple renditions of the character, allowing you to “become” Hatsune Miku.
- TinierMe will also sell outfits and accessories based on her friends: Megurine Luka, Kagamine Rin, Kagamine Luka, Meiko and Kaito.
- There will be an ongoing concert on a special stage within TinierMe throughout the campaign where the newest Hatsune Miku songs (released on July 7, 2010) can be heard. Also, fans can connect and chat with other Hatsune Miku fans around the world.
- Album covers from titles released by KarenT have been made into virtual collector’s items and will be distributed for free during the campaign. There are over 100 different virtual album covers to collect!
- The campaign starts today and runs through the end of November 2010 with multiple Hatsune Miku releases throughout the period.
- To learn more about TinierMe, create your own Selfy, and check out the initial-release Hatsune Miku items go to http://www.tinierme.com. TinierMe Hatsune Miku images can be found at: http://www.gcrest.com/release/tinierme/100720.zip.
How TinierMe Works:
- TinierMe is a virtual world where you can create a customized, tinier version of yourself – letting you play and communicate with others online.
- With a focus on Japanese anime, TinierMe lets you have fun, get to know new people and indulge in Japanese culture.
- Anyone can sign up for free and choose an avatar – called a “Selfy” – that can be customized into any style you can imagine.
- Selfys can be taken anywhere within the dynamic world of TinierMe so you can interact with other Selfys through online events, chat, games and community forums.
- TinierMe is free-to-use and includes:
- Selfy Town – A place to show off your unique Selfy and interact with others from around the world
- TinierMe Games – A forum to play and challenge others to original games including multi-player card games, interactive challenges and brain teasers
- Selfy Shop – Make your Selfy your own with clothing, costumes, accessories, home furnishings, ChibiPets (and ChibiPet accessories) – everything you’ll need to participate in TinierMe in style
- Forums/Groups – Participate in in-depth interaction and discussion on everything from Japanese culture and anime to movies and TinierMe tips. You can also create a group to start a discussion on a topic that matters to you with like-minded individuals
- Attributable to Masaru “Nogi” Ohnogi, CEO, GCREST American, Inc.
“TinierMe is able to develop content, not currently available in the U.S. market, based on some of the most engaging elements of Japanese culture. We hope to bring Japan and the love for anime to the world and the Hatsune Miku campaign is a major step in that direction.”
- Attributable to Kenji Inoue , MediaPhage Division, Crypton Future Media
“We’d like Hatsune Miku to reach a wider audience and would like her voice to reach the world, so we decided to collaborate with TinierMe, a growing site from Japan that is actively being developed overseas. Of course, we also couldn’t ignore the very high quality of TinierMe’s graphics and their cute Selfy avatar!”
TinierMe is a fun virtual world based on Japanese anime. With users around the world, the site lets you build a tinier version of yourself so you can chat, play and create online. TinierMe includes: Selfy Town, a virtual world; Selfy Shop, where you can get everything you need to create and build your character; and Tinier Games, a place to play card games, interactive challenges and brain teasers with other users. TinierMe lets you experience Japanese culture and escape from the doldrums of the real world through your imagination and creativity. GCREST America, Inc. is the company behind TinierMe, and is a fully owned subsidiary of GCREST, Inc. in Japan. To create your Selfy and join the fun, come to www.tinierme.com.
Copyright © Crypton Future Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Copyright © GCREST America, Inc. All rights reserved.